Senior IT Support Consultant – Economics Department
Dartmouth College, January 2012-Present
- Provide training and technical support on classroom technology for approximately 50 professors, visiting professors, and guest speakers
· Troubleshoot, service, maintain, and provide installation and support, training, and consultation on Macintosh and Windows computers, printers, hardware, software, mobile devices, and other peripherals for professors, staff, and visiting graduate students
- Provide support for email, internet, network, file sharing programs, teleconferencing and video chat programs
- Edit department and individual webpage content
- Redesigned the department brochure and developed an online version
- eProcurement duties consisting of ordering supplies and purchasing card approval for fellow staff
- With full permission from Economics department, provided ad hoc IT consultation and support for the Rockefeller Center, the Government department, and the Dickey Center
- Maintain electronic directory and room signage
- Annual purge of departmental equipment
- Maintain office supplies, physical mail, and secure document shredding
Operations Technician – Instructional Services/Classroom Technology Services
Dartmouth College, January 2001-2012
- Provided training and support for staff, professors, and visitors on classroom technologies, audio, video, computers, and peripherals
- Serviced and maintained audio, visual, computer equipment and accessories
- Consultant for Macintosh and Windows hardware and software
- Operated and recorded live events to provide audio, visual and technical support
- Provided technical support for multiple video teleconference events and setups which included using both hardware versions of VTC and many software versions including Polycom, iChat, Skype, Google chat, and worked live online with the creator of Second Life’s brand new platform
- Utilized a cutting edge early edition of Adobe Connect and a multiple gear setup for a live high profile event in Dartmouth’s Alumni Hall
Self-employed, 1998-1999, 2000-2001
- Built and consulted on networks and Windows platform PCs, peripherals and webpages
- Performed service calls for major computer companies throughout Vermont and New Hampshire
Field Service Technician-- Unisys Contractor
Connecticut Valley Computer Services, 1999- 2000
- Serviced bank check sorting machines, printer, PC laptops, workstations, servers, and peripherals
EDUCATION & TRAINING
Professional Development at Dartmouth College
- Multiple audio/video classes at INFOCOMM
- Microsoft PowerPoint course
- Audio/Visual Essentials online course
- 7 Habits of Highly Effective People
- Syn-Aud-Con Audio Conference (Synergetic Audio Concepts) sound engineering course
New Horizons Computer Learning Center, Nashua NH, 1998-1999
Received Microsoft Certified Professional Certification for Windows NT Server
· IT Tech Track for MCSE+I Microsoft Certification
o Courses included:
- Supporting Win 98 MS955
- Networking Essentials MS578
- Supporting Win NT 4.0 Core Technologies MS922
- Supporting Win NT 4.0 Server Enterprise
- Internetworking TCP/IP Win NT 4.0 MS688
- A+ Certification self-study course
- Administering MS WIN NT 4.0 self-study course
- Creating & Managing a Web Server Using I.I.S.
- Secure Web Access Using Microsoft Proxy Server
Community College of Vermont, 1986-1988
· Majored in Behavioral Psychology, Human Services, and Law
Martial Arts Student/Instructor, 1981-Present
· Black Belt since December 1993, Okinawan/Ryukyu Kempo style
· Philosophy, goal orientation, leadership, and self-discipline
ADDITIONAL EARLIER WORK
Fulltime Regular Clerk Craft
United States Postal Service, 1994-1999
· Multiple duties sorting mail and expediting (Clerk Craft)
Springfield High School, Springfield, Vt
Foods Planning and Serving, Olympics of the Mind,
Plays, and Concert Choir(*under Tom Battista)
*Excellent reference for music related*
(Multiple to condense old information)
From: 1990 thru 1994
-Support Staff at Cable Company and A/V store
From: apprx. 1985 thru 1993
Vermont State Police Academy
· Completed Part-Time Police Officer trainings with high marks.
· Completed Correctional Officer trainings with high marks.
-Correctional Officer Full time
-Claremont, NH-Job skills Trainer for developmentally disabled-Brattleboro and Bellows Falls, VT-Molder
I've had a passion for electronics ever since I was a kid, having first wired my own set of speakers at
the age of 8. This predictably grew directly into a passion for the IT field as I got into computers and
programming in High School.
After getting married and building a house with my wife, in 1989 I had installed my own C-band satellite system,
as well as all phone and cable. Into the early 1990s I wired the entire house for internet connection.
I began building systems when MS Dos was the normal PC operating system, and soon after that
Dos and Windows 3.1 were being combined. I have been building PCs ever since, throughout all
stages of MS Windows environments.
My self-made home network consists of many computers and mobile devices, started withISDN internet,
which I later upgraded to DSL internet, with wired LAN, and 2 wireless networks to give my house
full internet anywhere in the house or yard.
Evern since then, I have helped others with all IT related things, and have installed several
Local Area Networks, some that even utilized remote access, servers, etc
Starting with the stages of Windows 95 I gained experience with teleconferencing
using Microsoft Netmeeting and various other programs which have evolved over time, such
as iChat, GoogleChat/Hangouts, OoVoo, Skype, Video and Teleconferencing, Adobe Connect and many others.
I also Created web pages for my father's genealogy research, my bands, and myself, over time
as well as having shown many others the fundamentals to creating their own web pages and
how to take better care of their own personal computers.
I’ve spent much time with audio/video recording/editing,
photo scanning/capture/editing, Microsoft word, power-point, publisher, and more.
Shortly before coming to work at Dartmouth, I worked for a Unisys subcontractor,
as well as independently, taking trouble calls and servicing servers, workstations, laptops,
routers and cisco devices (and more) in various locations such as banks, retail stores, homes, etc
Since coming to work for Dartmouth, I have applied all of this knowledge and continued to grow in myAs a musician I have worked a second full time job since 2000 as guitarist, bassist, lead vocalist, web master,
field of expertise, even editing web pages for the Economics department, and individual personal professors pages,
and on occasion, built a few new web sites for various people, such as a Physician's page, and many private pages.
sound engineer, and producer for 3 bands, 7Rage, Spectris, and now, the HeartFire band.
Currently as “Robin and Lori's HeartFire”, we can be found at: http://heartfireband.com